Why should I donate regularly through the Power to Give platform?
- AGL will match your donations up to $5,000 per person per year, so your donation will have double the impact.
- It’s convenient and easy to set up.
- It’s affordable – you can donate as little or as much as you like
- 100% of your donation goes to your chosen charity. AGL covers the administration fees.
- It's tax effective - you can make a once off or regular donation through payroll deductions, resulting in an automatic reduction in tax deducted from your pay. There's no need for you to worry about keeping receipts or waiting until the end of the financial year to obtain a tax benefit – the benefit is immediate.
- It offers flexibility and choice – Our employee research told us that you wanted choice when it comes to employee giving. Through Power to Give you can choose from over 400 charities to support. It also offers you the flexibility to decide whether you want to give money once, or regularly to your preferred charity/ies.
Is AGL making a donation?
Yes, in support of employee participation in employee giving, AGL will match employee donations up to $5,000 per person per financial year. Additionally, AGL will cover all the administration costs associated with the development, implementation, and ongoing support of the program, ensuring that 100% of employee donations go directly to the charities.
Does 100% of my donation go directly to the charity?
Yes. 100% of your donation goes directly to charity. AGL covers all processing costs associated with Power to Give platform.
Which Charities are available?
There are hundreds of charities listed on the Power to Give platform.
Charities must meet certain criteria to join the program including Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR) Item 1 status. You can check to see if a charity is DGR item 1 by searching here.